Welcome to Rail Map online
RailMapOnline.com provides interactive maps of past & present railways. Click on the maps below to start exploring.
Please email comments, suggestions and corrections to Feedback@RailMapOnline.com
23 May 2015
- Renfrewshire detail, stations and features added, covering South Glasgow, Paisley and Greenock. Includes the Bellahouston Park miniature railway.
- Thanks to Peter for suggesting various coastal tramways and WWI lines around Dalmore, Christopher for the Kepwick tramway (near Thirsk), Matt for the Broadoak Colliery tramway (Ashton under Lyne) and Paul for Eastham Refinery.
- And thanks to Basil for more uncompleted works around the country for lines that might have been.
16 May 2015
- South Lanarkshire refresh, stations and features, covering Rutherglen, Carstairs, Hamilton, Larkhall and East Kilbride.
- Also detail at Leckhampton Quarry, Cheltenham (thanks Dave), Seaton Sluice (thanks Basil), Gelli (thanks John) and Cheedale Halt added (thanks Keith).
10 May 2015
- Catching up on your feedback this week. Thanks to Peter for suggesting lots of tramways in Staffordshire, Wiltshire and Somerset, including the Monkton Farleigh Ammunition Depot.
- Thanks to Basil for clarifying the track layout at Port Richborough, information on the EKLR, and information about the uncompleted GWR lines to Cmwgors and Fishguard East.
- Also Brownsea Pottery Tramway (thanks Ant), Birmingham SME (thanks Paul) and Somerset quarry details (thanks John).
2 May 2015
- County Durham refresh part 2, covering Hartlepool, Seaham, Durham, Bishop Auckland, Stanhope. More colliery detail and wagonways, Hury Reservoir Rly, and Aycliffe Ordnance Factory stations at Simpasture and Demons Bridge.
- Plus more tramways around Bristol (thanks Peter) and Weycroft, Devon (thanks Chris).
24 Jan 2015
- More historic maps added from National Library of Scotland, including OS 6inch, 1883-1913 series, OS 1:25000, 1937-61 series, Ireland GSGS 1in, 1941-43 series and London 1:1056, 1893-95 series. Also added in Open Street Map. Big thanks to NLS and the OSM contributors for making these maps available.