Welcome to Rail Map online
RailMapOnline.com provides interactive maps of past & present railways. Click on the maps below to start exploring.
Please email comments, suggestions and corrections to Feedback@RailMapOnline.com
24 Jan 2015
- More historic maps added from National Library of Scotland, including OS 6inch, 1883-1913 series, OS 1:25000, 1937-61 series, Ireland GSGS 1in, 1941-43 series and London 1:1056, 1893-95 series. Also added in Open Street Map. Big thanks to NLS and the OSM contributors for making these maps available.
17 Jan 2015
- Finished the updates of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire railways. Lots or ironstone branches, farm tramways and brick works added, plus more detail for Mansfield, Retford, Newark, Scunthorpe, Immingham, Grimsby, Boston and Spalding. Also some line colours have been changed so that tramways throughout the midlands and northern England should all now appear as light blue tracks.
- Also added a placeholder for the WW2 narrow gauge lines on Guernsey (thanks to Keith for the suggestion)
10 Jan 2015
- Nottingham updated and detailed. Also minor corrections in Flintshire, Cheshire, Tebay and East Somerset (thanks to Mike, Dick and Keith).
4 Jan 2015
- More detail and corrections for Sheffield, Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Ilkeston and Wirksworth.
29 Dec 2014
- Stations, features and additional details completed for Powys and Cardiganshire.
- Cromarty & Dingwall Light Rly updated (thanks to Mark for the information).
29 Nov 2014
- Lots of new Irish additions, including more Bord na Mona lines, mine branches around Cargan and Dungonnell, Ardnacrusha branch, Portumna Bridge branch, Guinness brewery and Dublin detail, Dundalk detail, Londonderry detail, plus various small industries.
- Thanks to Peter and Rob for all the suggestions.