Welcome to Rail Map online
RailMapOnline.com provides interactive maps of past & present railways. Click on the maps below to start exploring.
Please email comments, suggestions and corrections to Feedback@RailMapOnline.com
21 May 2017
- US Map: Redraw for Alameda, Contra Costa counties, CA. Details for the eastern San Francisco bay area, including the Moles, California & Nevada RR, Black Diamond RR, Pittsburg RR, Empire RR.
- UK Map: More Hull tramways, Mendip Lead Mines, Hildasay tramway (thanks Richard, John, Colin).
14 May 2017
- UK Map: More Channel Island details, West Fenton narrow gauge, Holywell Town, Ribblehead, Beverley tramways, Stornoway Paraffin Works, The Warren tramway.
- US Map: New Virginia & Truckee alignment.
28 Apr 2017
- US Map: Redraw for San Francisco, San Meteo, Santa Clara counties, CA. Lots of detail for San Francisco waterfront.
22 Apr 2017
- US Map: Redraw for Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Kings, Tulare, San Benito counties, CA. A number of new railroads added, plus lots of new spurs.
15 Apr 2017
- Barnbow Filling Factory (thanks John), and Wansford Trout Farm tramway (thanks Richard).
14 Apr 2017
- New look UK & Ireland page launched. Includes Modern Rly layer and dynamic links to other mapping sites.
10 Apr 2017
- Rhydymwyn Tube Alloy Works added (thanks Iain).
23 Mar 2017
- Some NLS layers no longer available. Unfortunately NLS no longer provides some of the layers for free, but they can still be accessed on their amazing website.
10 Feb 2017
- Newcastle & Gateshead get super-detailed, with many new features and a few new (early) stations. And more of your feedback included on the map (thanks Roger, Graeme, Lewis, Keith, Guy and Peter).
31 Jan 2017
- Blyth & Tyne and surrounding tramways get lots more detail. Covering North Shields, Cramlington, Morpeth, Ashington and Blyth.
22 Dec 2016
- US Map: WA state, south west counties. Lots of logging railroads, and the mainline from Vancouver to Centralia.
18 Dec 2016
- Grimsby and Immingham get redrawn with much more detail. Plus more Lincs farm railways (thanks Peter) and the original Cleethorpes Miniature Rly (thanks Dave).
12 Dec 2016
- US Map: More WA railroads. Street running with Yakima Valley Transportation Co, logging with the Klickitat Log & Lumber Co, and mountain railroading across the Cascades at Stampede Pass, Snoqualmie Pass and Stevens Pass (including original switchback routes).
27 Nov 2016
- US Map: Idaho (northern counties) added, and remainder of state refreshed.
- US Map: New 'Simple' background and OpenStreetMap background available.